Website e-mail

I think the new U3A website may have mailed everyone asking them to confirm they are interested in Spanish. No need to respond to me, nos vemos el martes.

Here's the technical explanation:

Hi all,

I have some disappointing news and some better news for you.

You were all kind enough to send in lists of your members, and we diligently loaded them into the system before we went live thereby preventing emails going t each member telling them they were now members of groups they already thought they were in.

Now for the bad news - We had to do a system wide update of all members for something unrelated to your groups, but that process inadvertantly knocked many of the members out of groups - so your lists are less than complete.

Now for the slightly better news.  I am going to go through them all and bring them back up to how they should be.

Now for what I suggest you do - as I accept them into your groups they will each get an email telling them they are now in the group --- this will confuse some of them.  I suggest that you contact those with email and explain that it is nothing for them to worry about.  I would turn the mailer off - but can't because people are using it now we are live to get new passwords.

I apologise - but we will get it back to being correct.


Alan Locke
PU3A Web Admin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

¿Puedes hablar niñita?

Classes start again in September