When you don't understand ...

We have all been there ... Someone says something to you and you have no idea what they’re talking about.

Cue awkward silence, comic mimes and shrugs.

Here are some words and phrases to learn. They might not help with your translation, but you won’t need to suffer an awkward silence. Don’t forget to stress the accents and remember, the Spanish pronounce every letter.

No entiendo … I do not understand
No te entendí … I did not understand you
No entendí lo que dijiste … I did not understand what you said
No sé la palabra … I do not know that word
¿Cómo se dice ---- en español? … How do you say ---- in Spanish?
¿Qué dijiste? … What did you say?
Necesito ayuda por favor … I need help please
¿Disculpe qué dijo? … Pardon, you said?
¿Puedes ayudarme? … Can you help me?
¿Puedes repetir por favor? … Can you repeat please?

Más despacio por favor … more slowly please.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

¿Puedes hablar niñita?

Classes start again in September